Stronger Province-wide Restrictions Announced
On March 29, 2021, Dr. Bonnie Henry announced new stronger province-wide restrictions:
Stronger province-wide restrictions
Between March 29 at midnight and April 19 at midnight the PHO is strengthening province-wide restrictions:
- The variance allowing indoor religious gatherings and worship services between March 28 and May 13 is suspended
- Indoor low intensity group exercise classes are cancelled
- Restaurants, pubs and bars are closed for indoor dining. Outdoor patio seating and take-out or delivery is allowed
- No indoor social gatherings of any size at your residence with anyone other than your household or, if you live alone, your core bubble.
In addition to the orders, the PHO strongly recommends:
- Working from home whenever possible, unless it is essential to be in the workplace
- Keeping your child home from school if they feel sick or have any sign of illness
- Getting testing immediately if you or anyone in your family feels sick
- Avoiding all non-essential travel
Masks in schools
Public health guidance for K to 12 schools has been updated to support and encourage students in grade 4 to 12 to wear masks at school.
Please view the detailed Provincial Orders at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions