The Village of McBride is a small and friendly community located in the scenic Robson Valley. McBride offers diverse recreational opportunities for all seasons and an exceptional quality of life with a low cost of living.
The Corporation of the Village of McBride is seeking to fill a Permanent Part-Time Administrative Assistant position. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, you will be a key member of the administration team, performing general office duties and providing exceptional customer service and information to the public. This position also includes handling ICBC transactions for motor vehicle licensing.
Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized and have a high level of computer literacy. Time management skills will allow you to work effectively in this busy atmosphere. Wages are determined by the CLAC Collective Agreement: 2019 rate is $19.94/hour plus benefits at 22.5 hours/week. A flexible schedule may be considered.
- Grade 12 diploma
- Successful completion of a certificate program in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Local Government experience is an asset as well as ICBC Drivers Licensing experience
Applicants must send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please see the job description below:
POSITION: Administrative Assistant 1 (AA1)
CLASSIFICATION: Union – Part Time 22.5 hours/week
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Administrative Officer
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) or designate, the AA1 is responsible for performing general office duties, and providing exceptional customer service and information to the public and staff. This position includes handling ICBC transactions for insurance and licensing. The AA1 will work independently with limited supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Administrative Assistant:
- Provides reception and assistance, acting as the first respondent, to callers and visitors to the Municipal Office.
- Perform general office duties, including, but not limited to filing, photocopying, writing letters, minute taking and data entry.
- Provides relief support as needed to assist the Finance Officer with processing of Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables and Payroll.
- Assists with the updating of the Village of McBride website and social media sites.
- Assists with maintaining the municipal calendar.
- Responsible for booking facilities and coordinating events with the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George.
- Assist with preparation of information documents, news releases and updates as needed.
- Updates and entry of data for Cemetery transactions and processes paperwork as required.
- Receive money paid to the municipality and process receipts for all functions of the municipality, including, but not limited, utilities, property taxes, business licences, animal licencing and cemetery services.
- Responsible for ordering office and janitorial supplies and keeping an inventory.
- Coordination of hospitality for Council and Staff meetings.
- Attend committee meetings as appointed by the CAO or Council.
- May be required to attend meetings outside of regular business hours.
- Process ICBC Drivers Licencing transactions
- Assists with ICBC Batching, deposits and inventory control and reporting.
- Acts as Marriage License Issuer, Commissioner for taking Affidavits.
- Provide relief assistance while other administration staff is on leave.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vacation and relief coverage as well as seasonal workload coverage as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a pleasant, positive, professional manner.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Skilled in operating a computer and efficiently using a variety of software packages, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Muniware software.
- Ability to set up an accurate filing system both electronically and paper based.
- Ability to perform duties with a high degree of accuracy amidst frequent interruptions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Working knowledge of communication medium such as the web, intranet and social media.
- Team oriented.
- Shows initiative and displays excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Grade 12 graduation plus one-year post-secondary education with course in office administration, keyboarding, customer service, telephone reception and office equipment.
- Autoplan Basics 1
- Drivers Licencing Training
- Experience managing a variety of corporate social media accounts an asset.
Salary and benefits are based on the Collective agreement, CLAC Local 501
The Admin 1 position is a “new” position and the duties and responsibilities could change as the position evolves in relationship to the Admin 2 position duties and responsibilities.