Village of McBride Economic Development Baseline Report
Agri-Business Workshops - Community Futures Agri-Business Workshops are back in town April 21/22 at the Community Hall!
- How to get your agri-business out to market (focusing on a Marketing Plan) and;
- Introduction to online marketing for agri-business
Call 250-562-9622 to register for this FREE workshop.
Social Media Marketing for Small Business
- this FREE workshop is back by popular demand! Mark your calendars for April 26 12pm-5pm. Take your social media marketing to the next level with this interactive workshop to target your ideal customer and increase sales. Brought to you by Community Futures and Pop Media. To register click this link
The Village of McBride is hosting a Career Fair for youth in the Robson Valley on Tuesday, April 10 12:30pm-2:30pm in the Community Hall.
Community Futures will host a Procurement Workshop in the Community Hall right after the Career Fair on Tuesday, April 10 3pm-5pm.
If you'd like to sign up for either, contact Karen at or 250-569-2229.
Community Futures is hosting 5 FREE Agribusiness Workshops in McBride in 2018. The first two are on March 10/11 at the Elks Hall
Workshop 1 will be about Understanding the Opportunity for Growth in Agribusiness and will cover topics such as:
- How to research markets;
- What are the trends locally and regionally;
- What are consumer trends today and for the in the future;
- What gaps exist in supply and demand;
- Review of available tools and resources.
By the end of the workshop, some of the key learnings that we are hoping participants will come away with is:
- Understanding the best ways to collect data and make business decision;
- Knowledge of tools and resources that are available to help with the research;
- Understanding of key opportunities.
Workshop 2 will be about Ways to Capture the Opportunity in Agribusiness and will cover such topics as:
- Review in depth business strategies such as Diversification, Innovation, Partnerships, Co-operatives, and clusters
- Complete a class exercise to map opportunities and identify solutions.
By the end of the workshop, some of the learnings that we are hoping participants will come away with is:
- A clear understanding of the different business strategies that can be applied to grow one’s business;
- The ability to map the opportunity and then apply a business strategy to identify solutions.
You can register online HERE.
Check out this amazing video that Dan Johnson from POP MEDIA put together while his partner was running the Social Media Marketing Workshop in McBride on February 9 HERE.
Community Futures Fraser Fort George hosted a FREE Social Media Marketing Workshop
on Thursday February 8 at the Community Hall. Unfortunately, this was the day after a massive snowstorm that kept half of the registered participants home shoveling out driveways and feeding livestock. Those who were able to attend were impressed with the workshop. We hope to have Pop Media back in 2018 to run the workshop again for those who missed it due to snow and to anyone else keen on learning more about promoting their business through Social Media. Check back for a date.
We have prepared an online Community Survey to help us gather information about the economic climate in and around McBride and to solicit ideas/opinions from residents and business owners about what they feel should be the economic development priorities of this plan. Please take a moment to fill out the survey yourselves and pass it along to others. We will have hard copies of the survey available in the office should someone you know not have access to a computer. The survey will be available until February 7.
Community Futures Prince George is offering a FREE Social Media Workshop in McBride on February 8. Check out more information and how to register HERE
Destination BC is proud to offer tourism businesses in BC a unique opportunity to explore new ways to improve their travel experiences while increasing their revenue potential. Destination BC has analysed travel data, gathered input from small businesses, refined curriculum and sourced industry experts - the result is the Remarkable Experiences Program.
The Village of McBride has access to a steeply discounted rate of only $198 + tax for all 4 session. Deadline to register is January 4! Call Karen at 250-569-2229 for more information.
Check out the weblink below:
Check out this fantastic video from School District 57 promoting the Village of McBride as a great place to live, work and play. Great job Ingrid Stengler!
During the week of October 30, the Village of McBride conducted a Business Walk as part of our Business Retention and Expansion Program with the support of many local and regional partners. We visited 43 businesses in person, by email and telephone and gathered information to better help us understand the health of small business in McBride.
The Post-Event Report was presented to council at the November 28 regular meeting.
An Action Plan is currently being developed that will outline concrete steps to assist small business in our community to grow and thrive.
Please take a look at the report - 2 versions are available below:
McBride Small Business Post Event Report - "linear" version